Always ensure that the headlights, brake lights, and tail lights on your Toyota Corolla are working correctly. Damaged bulbs can earn you a ticket and put your life as well as that of the other motorists at risk. Carry out regular checks to ensure that you’re not driving around with broken bulbs. If you need a replacement, only buy from trusted manufacturers rather than getting aftermarket imitations.
The best headlight is built to complement your Toyota Corolla’s efficiency and dependability. They allow other drivers to spot you in night driving, or when driving through fog and harsh weather conditions. In addition, they produce enough light to illuminate the road. By replacing damaged Toyota Corolla headlights, you enhance your safety as well as that of your family.
Aftermarket Light Bulbs: Upgrade Options
The Toyota Corolla was first introduced in 1966. It was a modern compact sedan that featured a lot of new options and features. By 2014, Toyota had already introduced a fuel efficient version, the Corolla LE. The company continued to add new features and by 2016, the vehicle was available with 17-inch alloy wheels, 8 airbags, cruise control, smart key system, climate control, and much more.
Your light bulbs might get damaged unexpectedly. As such, it pays to have the right bulb size in mind in order to make the bulb replacement process easy. There are a number of aftermarket Toyota Corolla light bulbs available for your tail lights, turn signals, headlights, license plates, etc. These are provided by the most trusted manufacturers such as EVO Lighting, Lumen, Hella, Recon, ACDelco, and many others.
Installation & Diagrams
1/4 Turn Counter Clockwise
Remove Bulb & Connector
Blue Plastic Clip
- Locate the low beam headlight bulb on the passenger side using its grey base. The power connector is located behind the headlight assembly.
- Rotate the grey base anticlockwise and pull it out.
Grey Plastic Clip
- Pull Off Connector
OEM Low Beam light bulb: 9006 Low Beam[amazon_link asins=’B076LZQM2G,B01N01QCVM,B07LCHDQ2M’ template=’CopyOf-ProductCarousel’ store=’headlight03-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6fd6a966-d816-4a05-a1f3-4d68285c6e3d’]
• Pry off the power connector clips retaining the power connector to remove it.
• Install a new #9006 low beam bulb in place of the old one. Reinstall the power connector.
• Make sure the bulb glass is clean. Wipe off any dirt or oil with a towel dampened with rubbing alcohol.
OEM High Beam light bulb: 9005 High Beam[amazon_link asins=’B06XHD4HV3,B00480J56I,B079GSNG8X’ template=’CopyOf-ProductCarousel’ store=’headlight03-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d3bdce4f-abf3-44d3-8eb8-31815ff0d7b9′]
• Look for a black bulb base near the center of the headlight assembly. This is the high beam bulb.
• Pry the blue and black retaining clips to release the old power connector.
• Rotate the bulb anticlockwise and pull it out.
• Install a new #9005 high beam bulb in place of the old one.
• Replace the power connector and insert the new high beam bulb into the headlight housing. Turn it clockwise to secure it.
High Beam Bulb Removed
Parking / Turn Signal Bulb replacement guide
• The signal/parking light bulb can be found at the outer edge of the headlight housing.
• It’s marked by a grey base. Rotate the base anticlockwise and pull it out.
• Remove the amber #3157A parking light bulb.
Signal Bulb Connector
Pull Bulb Straight Out
# 3157A Turn Signal Bulb
• Install the new bulb and insert the setup into the headlight assembly. Secure it by turning it clockwise.
Driver Side Headlight Assembly
Battery Retaining Arm
- Remove 2 10mm Bolts
- On the driver’s side, remove your vehicle’s battery.
- Remove Battery – 2 10mm Bolts
- Remove Car Battery
Low Beam Headlight replacement guide
• Find the low beam headlight at the rear middle of the headlight housing.
Low Beam Connector
1/4 Turn Counter Clockwise
Pull Low Beam Out
• Grasp the grey bulb and power connector base and turn it anticlockwise to remove it.
• Remove the bulb from the power connector.
OEM Low Beam light: 9006 Low Beam[amazon_link asins=’B01N01QCVM,B00P2D4BPK,B076LZQM2G’ template=’CopyOf-ProductCarousel’ store=’headlight03-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d4c1d3d8-06ff-469a-b733-0c3e194a0d60′]
Remove Blue Plastic Clip
- Remove Grey Plastic Clip
- Replace the old bulb with a new one.
- Return the bulb into the headlight housing and secure it.
9006 Bulb & Connector
Driver High Beam Headlight replacement guide
• Use a flat head screwdriver to lift the pop rivet holding the black plastic intake tube. This allows you to get to the high beam bulb which is near the center of the vehicle.
Plastic Air Intake
- Remove Black Pop Rivet
- Remove Air Intake Pipe
- Locate the black base of the high beam bulb.
#9005 High Beam[amazon_link asins=’B07HCZ4VCH,B00480J56I,B079GSNG8X’ template=’CopyOf-ProductCarousel’ store=’headlight03-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b3f72e55-dae8-44b2-9079-79932ee97c45′]
- 1/4 Turn Counter Clockwise
- Pull Straight Out
- Remove the bulb and power connector by rotating the base anticlockwise.
- Pry the black clip and pop the blue retaining clip to separate the two.
- Replace the old high beam bulb with a new #9005 bulb.
- Remove Blue Plastic Clip
- Pry Up Black Plastic Clip
- Reattach the blue clip onto the base and insert the new bulb into the headlight assembly. Make sure it’s secure.
9005 Bulb & Power Connector
Driver Parking/Signal Bulb
• When working on the turn signal/parking light bulb on the driver side, use a 10mm wrench or socket to remove the car battery.
Consultant in the area of automotive lighting solutions. Previously working as a lighting sales manager for various light bulb brands, collected intensive expertise for effective vehicle lighting & signaling systems that are compliant with the UN regulatory requirements and standards in the United States and Canada.