The headlight assembly of any vehicle is supposed to last for many years, but there are times when the headlights can occasionally get damaged or burnt out. Hyundai Santa Fe is a well-known sport utility vehicle and has been in production since 2000. All it takes for you is to have a Hyundai Santa Fe headlight assembly upgrade properly so that you can fix the damaged lights quickly.
Although the Hyundai Santa Fe is renowned for its reliability and longevity, its headlight assembly is not immune to wear and tear.
Whether due to accidental damage or natural degradation over time, there may come a point when a headlight assembly upgrade becomes necessary. In our comprehensive guide, we focus specifically on how to efficiently and effectively carry out a headlight assembly upgrade for the Hyundai Santa Fe.
Firstly, we provide a detailed list of tools and components required for the upgrade. This includes not only the headlight assembly itself but also any additional tools and hardware that might be needed for the process.
We then proceed with a step-by-step guide, tailored to the Hyundai Santa Fe, demonstrating how to remove the old assembly and install the new one. This guide takes into consideration the specific design and construction of different Santa Fe models, ensuring a seamless fit and function.
Why should the old halogen headlights of your Hyundai Santa Fe be replaced by HID or LED?
There is no doubt that nothing is able to beat the simplicity of a halogen bulb, but when these are compared to the HID bulbs, they are much brighter and can last longer than the halogen ones. It is essential that you have prior knowledge to install it correctly, but it can cost more than the halogen headlight assembly.
When going for the headlight kit replacement, you can find the LED bulbs to be great if your vehicle already comes fitted with the LED lighting. If they are not already fitted, you can make some significant modifications to the headlight assembly so that the LED bulbs can fit properly.
Instructions to replace the headlight assembly of 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Turn off the engine of your 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe and open the hood by using the release hatches.
- The headlight assembly needs to be detached from the mounting bolts with the help of the socket wrench.
- In the next step, you need to disconnect the electrical wiring from the back of your headlight assembly.
- You can then remove the cover of the headlight assembly by disconnecting it from the vehicle.
- You need to match the plastic base of the headlight assembly and then reattach the new one with the connector and spring.
How to adjust the headlight assembly of Hyundai Santa Fe?
In order to adjust the standard headlight assembly of your Hyundai Santa Fe, you need to identify the headlights that need adjustment.
- The first step is to position the Hyundai Santa Fe so that you are able to check the setting, and it will be better if you place the vehicle 10 meters from the wall.
- It would be helpful for you if you equipped yourself with a screwdriver, a pencil, or a level.
- It is crucial that you evaluate the distance between the low or high beam bulb with the ground of every side of your Santa Fe and then transfer it to the wall.
- You can then make a landmark or use scotch tape.
- If the light exceeds the mark, then the lighting can dazzle other conductors, and if the beam gets too low, then you might have limited brightness.
There is no doubt that you will have a lot of advantages in the Hyundai Santa Fe headlight assembly upgrade, and you can get the help of a professional to replace the lights. It’s the best practice to replace all the lights since it allows them to function properly and produce even light.