With optimum handling, strong off-road abilities, and ample interior space Toyota Highlander is a car that offers you the best of both worlds. Such a fantastic car needs the support of a bright headlight to perform brilliantly. If the bulb is fused or the headlight housing is broken, you will be at risk while driving such a fast car.
To avoid any accident, you should always keep your Toyota Highlander’s headlights in the best condition. If they are faulty or you think the appearance or power of your current headlights is not enough, you should go for a replacement or upgrade with a factory OEM model or an aftermarket light.
With the help of this Toyota Highlander headlight assembly upgrade guide, you can replace your old factory assembly in 15 to 20 minutes with a new one in your own garage, and you can also save more than $100.
Toyota Highlander History:
This Japanese mid-sized SUV first came into the picture in 2000. It remained as the company’s best-selling SUV till 2005. Due to copyright issues, Toyota could not use the name Highlander in Australia and Japan, so it was released under the name ‘Toyota Kluger’.
Up to 2019, all the basic trims of the Toyota Highlander were equipped with halogens. In 2017 people were given 2 extra options: dark-black accent headlights and LED daylights in their Toyota Highlander.
In 2020 Toyota brought a big update to this lineup, and it was announced that all the highlander models, regardless of the trim will come with LED high and low beams. Some models will also have LED fog lights, stop lights, and tail lights completing the whole package.
2004-2005 Toyota Highlander Headlight Assembly Upgrade Guide
This Guide is 04-05 Toyota Highlander owners, but people looking for guides of other models can also use it as a reference with some tweaks here and there. The replacement process is very straightforward, and you will be able to perform it with the basic tools you will most likely have in your garage.
Required Tools for Toyota Highlander Headlight Assembly Kit Replacement
- New Headlights
- 8-11 mm sockets, ratchet, and extensions.
- Flathead and Phillip screwdriver
- Needle nose pliers.
- Interior trim toolset
- Water displacement oil.
- Electrical Contact Cleaner.
Step By Step Process of Headlight Upgrade
- First of all, we will remove the grill, so pop the hood and remove the 4 push pop clips at the top of the grill. There are two hidden clips at the back of the grill; push the clips to release them and wiggle the grill out.
- Remove the two fasteners in the wheel well to free the splash shield. Behind the shield, you will find a 10mm bolt holding the bumper. Remove the bolt and loosen the bumper.
- This will give access to the hidden bolts holding the headlight. Now remove the two 10mm bolts at the top of the headlight and two 10mm bolts that are hidden under the bumper.
- Pull the headlight out and disconnect the lights. If connectors are dirty and not coming off, you can use water displacement oil to free them up.
- Place the new headlight housing in the stock position and connect the harnesses.
- Put everything back in reverse to complete the installation.
If you followed our instructions, your Toyota Highlander will be ready for the road with its brand-new bright headlights.