Whether you are a mobile electronics master installer or a novice enthusiast, a time will come when you will have to replace the headlight assembly of your vehicle. Scion xB is a compact vehicle made by Scion, a fully-owned division of Toyota.
When it is about the Scion xB headlight assembly upgrade, you want products only from trusted brands. This will help you make sure that you get quality products and have improved driving during the night.
When do you need to replace the headlight assembly of Scion xB?
- When the bulb gets blown out
You can have a good variety of headlight bulb types that you can replace if you find the bulb failing. Having a blown-out bulb is among the most common scenarios.
- When the headlight circuit fails
There are times when the bulb may not be the underlying issue that may lead to the Scion xB headlight assembly upgrade. There is a possibility that you may have problems with wiring, bulb sockets, terminal connections, and other components.
- When the bulb gets dimmed
Some bulb types, especially the halogen ones, might be producing less light output when the filament ages from use. In comparison, the LED and HID lighting doesn’t dim with age and needs service when the light source gets failed.
How do you replace the headlight assembly of the 2012 Scion xB?
- You can begin replacing the 2012 Scion xB headlight assembly by removing 2 10mm bolts on the top of the headlight assembly.
- Now lift the lid open, and here you will see a clip and an O ring.
- Pull up the clip and the wires towards the driver’s seat.
- Behind the headlight, you will find a small hex-headed fastener vertically oriented. You need to remove it and pull out the headlight assembly.
- In the end, you can put the new headlight assembly and reverse the entire process.
How long does it take to replace the 2012 Scion xB headlight assembly?
It can take some time for Scion xB headlight kit replacement. You need to be patient and allow yourself a minimum of two hours to get the entire process done. Although the process might be simple, it can get more complicated than planned.
On average, the actual cost of replacing the headlight assembly of the 2012 Scion xB is around $110. Other than that, you need to spend about $15 for the parts, whereas the labor will cost you $95. Keep in mind that the prices vary, as it all depends on your location.
When having a Scion xB headlight assembly upgrade, it will not be easy for you to find the right replacement size. Whether you want to go for the HID, Xenon, or LED bulbs, using a headlight assembly from the top brand for the Scion xB will ensure that you have adequate illumination with limits on your light directed towards other road user’s eyes to control the glare.