If you are looking for information about the Nissan 350Z headlight Assembly upgrade or want to know the difference between the headlights of Nissan 350Z different models, you are in the right place. Your vehicle’s headlight might be broken or you just want to upgrade it from the factory halogens to something new, no worries. This guide about the Nissan 350Z headlight assembly upgrade will help you.
Replacing headlights when broken should always be preferred because it can make the difference between life and death on the road. Many people ignore it thinking they will replace it later, but that is not a wise choice as it can cost you your life or a ticket from the police.
With this guide, you will be able to perform the upgrade or replacement yourself without any need to book a mechanic. It will save you time, hassle, and money.
Nissan 350Z History
Nissan 350Z, a two-seater sports car, was manufactured from 2002 to 2009. The early model was launched as a coupe with five different trims: Base, Track, Enthusiast, Performance, and Touring.
2003-2005 model came with 2 different types of bulbs. There was a choice for low beam, you can choose the halogen or HID Xenon for the low beam. The high beam always had a halogen bulb because HID is very bright and can blind the other people on the road. The housing was a hybrid between projector and reflector. The bulbs used for the low beam were H7 for halogen or D2S for HID.
2006-2009 model’s headlight is slightly different as it has a projector housing with only 1 bulb. The bulb used in this model was a bi-xenon, also known as a dual beam bulb. A mechanical shutter allows this bulb to create 2 different (high and low) beams.
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z Headlight Assembly Upgrade Guide
This guide is for Nissan 350Z owners to help them replace headlight assembly.
Required Tools for Headlight Assembly Kit Replacement
- A new headlight
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm socket
- Ratchet with extension
- Trim removal
Step by Step Process for Headlight Upgrade
- Pop the hood open.
- To remove the bumper you will first have to remove six plastic clips at the top of the bumper.
- Next, remove the 10mm bolts at the bottom side of the bumper. You will find two of them on each left and right side while four are located in the center.
- Next, we must remove the 10mm bolts holding the bumper with the fender by peeling the fender liner. You can turn the tires inwards to make more space.
- Remove the plastic clips holding the fender liner and then peel them to remove the two bolts.
- Now you can pull the bumper off.
- Remove the four 10mm bolts securing the headlight to loosen it. Make sure to disconnect all the cables before pulling the headlight out.
- If your headlight had an HID low beam, you would have to remove the factory ballast and ignitor attached at the back of the headlight.
- Transfer the components to the new headlight before connecting the cables and placing them back in position.
- Put everything back in place to complete the installation.
If you followed our instructions carefully, your Nissan will be ready to hit the road with a shiny and bright headlight kit, matching its gorgeous looks.