Mazda Rx-8 is a Japanese sports car available in the market from 2002 to 2012. The company stopped producing it for some reason, but there are still many fans of this car over the globe. This article is oriented towards the Mazda RX-8 headlight assembly replacement because headlights are essential for cars, and the owners should know how to replace them.
No matter how fast or sound, a vehicle depends on headlights in the dark. If your car’s headlights are broken, or you want to upgrade to newer technology (aftermarket options), replace them today at your home by following this Mazda RX-8 headlight assembly guide.
Reasons You Should Replace the Headlights
Before we get into the replacement process, you should know the reasons for replacing your vehicle’s headlights.
- The headlights have become dimmer due to the yellowing of the lens.
- The brightness of the two sides is not equal.
- Headlight Assembly is broken due to an accident.
- You want to upgrade from halogens to HIDs or LEDs.
- Moisture has damaged the lens.
Does Mazda RX-8 Have Reflector or Projector Lights?
With each model, there are some changes in the vehicles. The same goes for Mazda RX-8. The headlights of the Mazda RX-8 were changed several times over the years. Earlier models were equipped with halogen headlights with reflector lenses, but later on, HIDs with projectors were made available.
If your car is equipped with halogen reflector assembly, changing the halogen bulb with HID or LED (using a converter) will not help you much. It’s recommended that if you want to upgrade from one technology to another, consider replacing the whole assembly because the internal arrangement of that assembly will be according to the HID or LED you are choosing, so it’ll offer you its best.
Required Tools for Headlight Assembly Replacement
- Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm and 8mm Ratchet
- A new headlight assembly
- Trim remover
Step by Step Instructions for 02-12 Mazda Rx-8 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- To replace the headlight in a Mazda Rx-8, you will have to remove the front bumper cover. First, get to the fender well and turn the tire inside (to give your hand more space).
- Take out the 4 Phillips screws in the fender well and then peel it off to reveal the 10mm bolt underneath it. Remove the bolt as well and Repeat this process on the other side.
- The next step is to remove the bolts at the bottom side of the bumper. To do this, you can lie down beneath the vehicle, or you can jack the car up to make things easier.
- You will find around 10 8mm bolts holding the bumper at the bottom side. Remove all of them.
- Pop the hood and remove the plastic cover after popping the push pop clips with the trim removing tool.
- Remove the 4 10mm screws after taking the plastic cover off.
- Pull the bumper out and disconnect the fog lamps.
- Now we have access to the headlights. Remove the 8mm, 10mm, and Phillips screws securing the headlight.
- Pull the headlights out and disconnect all harnesses.
- Place new headlight assembly and connect the harnesses to it.
- Put everything back carefully in reverse.
- Congratulations, you have your new shiny headlights ready for use.