- Symptoms of a Bad Headlight Assembly
- Does Mazda Mazda 3 have projector or reflector headlights?
- Is it hard to replace Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly?
- Tips for Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Replacing Mazda 3 Headlight Assembly – What You Will Need:
- Instructions on replacing the 2016 Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly
- What is the cost of replacing the Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly?
- Final Verdict
Having a headlight assembly that goes awry when you are driving can lead to serious accidents. When you plan to drive at night, it is crucial that you test your vehicle’s headlights before the trip. If one or both headlights are not working, you need to replace the headlight assembly as soon as possible.
When you feel it’s time for your Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly upgrade, it is essential for you to know when to upgrade, and you should always get help from a qualified technician if you are having any trouble replacing the headlight assembly.
In this article, we will show you how to replace a headlight assembly on a Mazda Mazda 3. We will also provide some tips on how to avoid common mistakes when doing this repair.
Symptoms of a Bad Headlight Assembly
Before you start the replacement process, it is important for you to know the symptoms of a bad headlight assembly. Some common symptoms of a bad headlight assembly are as follows:
- The headlights are not bright enough
- One or both headlights are dimmer than the other ones
- There is water inside the headlight lens
- The headlights are turning yellow or cloudy
If you are experiencing any of these problems, it means that you need to replace your headlight assembly as soon as possible.
Does Mazda Mazda 3 have projector or reflector headlights?
Mazda keeps on changing the look of its headlights with the arrival of the new models, and recently, there have been improvements with the LED projector headlights of Mazda 3.
When compared to the halogen and Xenon bulbs, the LED headlight assembly is far brighter, making it an efficient alternative.
It is worth noting that the LED bulbs can only be used with the projector headlights, and Mazda 3 already comes with the projector headlights. It would help if you kept in mind that it can be pretty unsafe to use the reflector headlights. Therefore, the majority of companies are turning towards the projector ones.
When you are looking for replacement headlights, do not forget to check the reflector headlights. This is because they are far cheaper compared to the LED ones.
Is it hard to replace Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly?
Replacing a faulty headlight assembly can be difficult if you have never done this before. However, it is important for you to know that this procedure takes less than an hour or so, and if there are no complications, most drivers would have completed this job in about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that the instruction manuals provided by many car manufacturers are also very helpful when performing simple repair tasks like replacing a headlight assembly on your vehicle.
Tips for Avoiding Common Mistakes
Replacing a headlight assembly on your Mazda 3 can be a difficult task if you are not familiar with the process. Here are some tips to help you avoid making common mistakes:
1. Always make sure that your car is parked in a safe location before starting the repair process. This includes setting the parking brake and placing blocks or bricks behind the wheels to prevent the car from moving.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable before starting any repairs. This will help protect you from accidental shocks.
3. If you are using a socket wrench set, always use the proper size socket for the bolt or screw that you are trying to remove. This will help prevent stripping the head of the bolt or screw.
4. Apply a light coat of anti-seize lubricant to the threads of the new headlight assembly before installing it. This will help prevent the headlight from becoming corroded or stuck in place.
5. Make sure that the headlight assembly is properly seated before tightening the bolts or screws. Overtightening can damage the headlight assembly or the vehicle’s wiring harness.
6. Test the headlights after completing the repair to make sure that they are working properly.
7. If you have any questions or concerns, consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact a qualified mechanic for assistance.
Replacing Mazda 3 Headlight Assembly – What You Will Need:
Replacing a faulty headlight assembly on your Mazda 3 can be difficult if you have never done this before. However, it is important for you to know that this procedure takes less than an hour or so, and if there are no complications, most drivers would have completed this job in about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that the instruction manuals provided by many car manufacturers are also very helpful when performing simple repair tasks like replacing a headlight assembly on your vehicle.
In order to replace the headlight assembly on your Mazda 3, you will need the following tools and supplies:
1. T-15 Torx wrench or screwdriver
2. Socket wrench set with several small extensions
3. Phillips head screwdriver
4 Flat blade screwdriver
6. Needle-nose pliers
7. Wire cutters
8. Electrical tape
9. Anti-seize lubricant
10. replacement headlight assembly
Instructions on replacing the 2016 Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly
- In order to start the headlight kit replacement of your Mazda 3, you need to start removing the bolts that hold the headlamps.
- There is a clip inside that also needs to be removed.
- You have to take out another bolt closest to the grille while another bolt is on the opposite side of the headlight assembly. It’s the side that is the closest to the fender.
- Try to pull out the headlight assembly by just a few inches, while the pins should also be pushed and pulled out of the light bulbs.
- You can then take the headlight assembly of your 2016 Mazda Mazda 3.
- In order to install back the headlight assembly, slide back the light bulbs and turn them until they get correctly locked.
- Put back the headlight assembly and then install back the bumper cover in the reverse order.
What is the cost of replacing the Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly?
It is not common for any vehicle to have parts or panels removed to change the headlight assemblies. When we talk about the Mazda 3 headlight assembly cost estimate, it is around $245.
The labor cost also needs to be added, which can be between $25 to $33. It is worth mentioning that this particular range is based on the age of your Mazda 3 vehicle.
Since the introduction of the tungsten filament bulb, automotive headlight systems have been able to come a long way. With impressive technological development, there are plenty of options that can improve the quality of your headlight assembly to make a safer driving experience for you.
Mazda Mazda 3 has an athletic design, aggressive grille, and slim headlights. Therefore, if you want Mazda Mazda 3 headlight assembly upgrade, there is a vast diversity of combinations available for you, as these headlights combine upscale designs with bright illumination.