If you want to repair or upgrade your Lexus IS-250’s headlight assembly, then this article will provide you with all the information about it.
There are many reasons people want to change their old headlight assemblies, such as degradation over time, oxidization of the lens, a fused bulb, an upgrade to new technologies, and many more.
Replacing a Lexus Is-250 headlight assembly might seem a very difficult task, but you can do this yourself at your home and save a few bucks.
Hiring a professional will charge you a lot more than a DIY job, and changing a bulb or headlight housing is something you might have to deal with often. So it’s always better to perform the headlight assembly upgrade yourself.
This Lexus IS-250 headlight assembly upgrade guide will help you with the process in detail. Let’s get started.
A Brief History of Lexus IS-250
Lexus IS made its debut in 1998 in Japan as an entry-level sports car below the ES series and was sold under the name Altezza. In 2005 the company introduced the 2nd generation of this car globally under the name IS-250.
The goal behind launching this better performing car (than normal Japanese Luxury cars) was to compete with other European sport Sedans. The car was loved by the masses and became one of the best-selling vehicles in the United States.
The earlier models were fitted with halogen headlight assemblies. In 2010 it changed from only halogens to Halogens and HID xenon.
After 2014 the LED was also available in high-end trims. There is no doubt that you can replace the factory headlights with OEM or the aftermarket Xenons and LEDs. All of these lights have their pros and cons, so the final choice depends on your preference and budget.
Lexus IS 250 2006-2010 Headlight Assembly Upgrade Guide
Make sure to gather some basic tools before starting the process. This guide is specifically for the Lexus IS 250 (06-10) model, but the owners of later models can also use it with a few changes.
Required Tools for Lexus IS-250 Headlight Housing Replacement
- The new headlight assembly
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
- Ratchet with extensions
- 10mm socket.
Step By Step Process of Lexus IS-250 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- Lift the car and remove 8 (10mm) bolts underneath the bumper, attaching the bumper to the shield.
- Next, move to the wheel well and remove 2 trim fasteners by rotating them counterclockwise with a flathead screwdriver and popping them out. Pull the fender liner and unscrew the 10mm bolt holding the bumper onto the fender.
- Open the hood and remove the 11 push-pin fasteners to take the radiator shroud off.
- After that remove the 6 push-pin fasteners and 2 Phillips movement stoppers at the top of the bumper.
- Lastly, remove the 10mm bolt at the center of the bumper.
- Pop off the sides of the bumper and loosen it. (Disconnect the 3 fog lamps connectors behind the bumper before removing it completely).
- Next, remove the 3 bolts holding the headlight in place and disconnect the wiring harness before unmounting the headlight housing.
- Transfer the bumper bracket from the old assembly to the newer one and seat it in place after connecting the wiring harness.
- Put everything back together, and you will be good to go.
The process will take 15-20 minutes. Once completed, your Lexus vehicle will be equipped with brand-new, bright, and shiny headlights.