Lexus GX 460 is a luxurious full-sized SUV that is agile, spacious, and comfortable. It can take your whole family anywhere on long trips and off-road adventures; that’s why you should use the best headlights to support the car and enhance your safety.
Instead of taking your vehicle to a mechanic for headlight replacement, it’s better to replace them yourself. It’s no doubt the DIY looks a little tricky, but if you follow this Lexus GX 460 headlight assembly, you will be able to complete the process without any hassle.
Signs About When To Change the Headlights of Your Vehicle?
If your car’s headlights have gone wrong or are about to go out of order, there will be some signs. You should always watch these signs because it can become hazardous if the headlights stop working while driving. You will not be able to see the road and other hurdles, and other drivers will not spot you easily.
- If you see the headlight flickering, you should replace it because there is some problem causing the flicker.
- If the light coming from both sides is not equal.
- The bulb is fused.
- The lens has become muddy.
- The headlight is broken.
What Type of Headlight Does Your Vehicle Have?
There are many options available nowadays, and you can even purchase the bulbs or complete housings online.
Consult your owner’s manual to determine the types and size of lights your vehicle needs. Mostly the factory bulbs are halogens with reflector housing, but this varies in different trims and models. Some have HIDs or LEDs as factory defaults, but that’s usually available in the higher-end trims.
LED is the latest technology and is better than the other 2 in every field; initially, it’s just a little expensive. So if you want the best, you can go for LEDs, but if you’re going to go with an affordable and reasonable option, high-performance halogens can also be a great option.
Required Tools For Headlight Replacement:
- A new headlight assembly
- 10mm socket
- Ratchet and extension
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
- Trim removal tool
Instructions for 2014-19 Lexus GX 460 Headlight Replacement:
- To replace the assembly, you will have to remove the front bumper. You should start from the bottom and work around the vehicle, undoing all the screws.
- First, get beneath the vehicle and remove the 10mm screws connecting the bumper with the car’s body.
- Next, you should go to the side fenders and remove the 4 (10mm) bolts. Remove the bolts on the other side fender as well.
- Now pop the hood of your car and remove the plastic cover by undoing the push pop clips with a trim removal tool.
- On top of the grill, remove the 10mm bolts holding the grill together with the chassis.
- Once all the bolts are removed, you should pull the bumper towards you and unmount it after disconnecting the fog lamp.
- Remove the bolts holding the headlight assembly and pull it out of the housing.
- Disconnect all the wire harnesses.
- Place the new headlight assembly in the stock position and connect the harnesses.
- Put everything back in place in reverse order.
The process will take 30 minutes to complete.