People looking for a versatile family car with a low price tag find Kia Sorento a good option. It offers a lot of space, a classic interior, and comfy rides. After buying the vehicle, it’s your responsibility to keep the vehicle in good shape to keep you, your family, and other people on the road safe.
The headlights are part of Kia Sorento that hold great importance and can fail at any time. You must keep an eye on the headlights, and if you find any problem with them, you should replace them immediately with a new headlight bulb or assembly.
This guide contains all the knowledge you need for the Kia Sorento headlight assembly upgrade or replacement. You should keep in mind a few things when the headlight assembly or the bulb breaks down.
The exquisite design of Kia Sorento headlights makes the lamps expensive, and if one bulb goes out, the second will burn prematurely. Replacing the whole assembly will be very expensive, so you should replace the headlight housing by following this guide.
The company changed the headlight assembly and lamps several times during the previous years. In 2007 the standard Kia Sorento was equipped with halogen projector headlights. The standard 2016 model also had auto halogen projector headlights besides the standard trim; there very many available options in the higher trims.
In 2020 the LED low beam became standard on all models with auto high-beam headlamps.
If you want to upgrade the stock headlight assembly with an after-market one, you can easily do that.
Kia Sorento Headlight Assembly Upgrade
The method to upgrade or replace Kia Sorento headlight bulbs or the housing is straightforward. There is no need to panic, even if you are a beginner. Stay calm and patient and follow the guide as precisely as possible.
Required Tools for Kia Sorento Headlight Assembly Kit Replacement
- A high-quality new headlight assembly
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm sockets
- Ratchet and extensions
- Trim removal kit
Step by Step 2015 Kia Sorento Headlight Assembly Upgrade
This guide is specifically for 2011 to 2015 Kia Sorento, and it can be used for other models with a few minor changes.
- Turn the ignition off and allow the engine to cool down.
- Pop the hood you will be able to see a plastic cover over the grill. The cover is held in place by two 10mm bots and multiple plastic clips. Use the trim removal kit and ratchet to remove the clippers and bolts to take the cover off. These clips and bolts keep the bumper and headlight in place.
- We are doing this to remove the bumper and headlight housing. At the backside of the bumper, there is another 10mm bolt; remove it as well. This will make the bumper lose, and if you pull it, you can unmount it.
- If you do not want to unmount the bumper, you can pull the bumper a little and unseat the headlight easily.
- Disconnect the harnesses.
- Connect harnesses with the new assembly and place it back.
- Lock everything to complete the process.