- Jeep Wrangler Bulb Size Chart
- Bulb Type Used
- Upgrading to aftermarket LED/HID
- How to choose the correct bulb size for LED/HID lamps
- Installing new bulbs
- Additional Equipment Needed
- Q&A Section
- Jeep Wrangler Generations
- Bulb replacement
- See Also:
- Related Cars
Jeep Wrangler Bulb Size Chart[car_bulbs]
The Jeep Wrangler is one of the best mid-size SUVs in the four-wheel off-road market segment. The latest model features LED headlights, taillights and fog lights. Thanks to continuous innovation, the bulb types used have greatly changed over the years.
An individual bulb is not serviceable on the Jeep Wrangler. All of the lights, blinkers, and hazards are installed in a series configuration. If one light goes out on the Jeep Wrangler then that means that all bulbs will need to be replaced at once.
Bulb Type Used
For the 2011 – 2016 model years, it uses the H13 bulb for the high and low beams and the 12276 bulbs for fog lights.
The 2017 – 2019 model years use a 9008 bulb for both the high and low beams and a PSX24W bulb for the fog lights.
Upgrading to aftermarket LED/HID
One of the best ways to improve yellowed or hazy plastic headlight lenses is to use a headlight restoration kit. This helps to polish the lenses and produce great results where headlights have faded over time. Your car is able to provide adequate light on the roadway.
It is very rare to find a single LED bulb that will work for the Jeep Wrangler.
In order to keep the lights working properly on your Jeep it’s important to check them from time to time. In order to do this you’ll need a socket wrench, replacement bulbs, and a rag. The proper tools can be purchased at your local hardware store.
Advantages of upgrading headlights from halogen to LED/HID technology
1. Easy to install.
2. Produce more light.
3. Provide more color options.
4. Give a more luxurious appearance.
How to choose the correct bulb size for LED/HID lamps
- Contact your vehicle manufacturer
Your vehicle manufacturer has all the details that pertain to the replacement of parts on your vehicle. Consider giving them a call to find out what the correct bulb size for your headlights is. You may be required to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Checking Your Vehicle Manual
Your vehicle manual contains a “Maintenance” section that typically provides the correct bulb sizes for your car. Look for it and peruse through the pages to see if the details you require are there.
- Check your old bulbs
If you’re a DIY type of person, take out your burnt bulb from the headlight assembly and look for its part number. The number could have a letter right next to it, e.g. “H7”.
- Online Search
Our Jeep Wrangler light bulb replacement chart contains an extensive list of bulb sizes that match your Jeep Wrangler. Run a quick check by keying in your model year. You’ll see the correct bulb sizes for your HID or LED headlights.
Installing new bulbs
- Open the hood of your Jeep Wrangler
- Pop off the six plastic clips that hold the front grille using a flat-head screwdriver.
- Take off the front grille. You can completely remove it by disconnecting the turn signals or letting it hang by the bottom.
- Unscrew the headlights using a T15 screwdriver.
- Disconnect the connector from the back of the headlight. You can use a screwdriver to push it back.
- Reach for the old bulbs from the back of the headlights and remove them.
- Replace them with the new bulbs.
- Reinstall the headlight and screw it in place.
- Test your headlights to see if they work before putting the grille back on.
Additional Equipment Needed
- Latex gloves.
- Flat-head screwdriver.
- T15 screwdriver.
How do I turn off the interior lights in my Jeep?
- You can turn the interior lights of your Jeep Wrangler on and off by simply pressing the buttons found on both sides of the interior bulbs.
Jeep Wrangler Generations
- YJ (1987–1996)
- TJ (1997–2006)
- JK (2006–2018)
- JL (2018–present)
hey YouTube Joe and easy from Alan Ed’s Auto sound in Marina del Rey if you have a halogen or halogen housing and bulb in your new Jeep Wrangler Jael this is how you can go ahead and upgrade to an LED go ahead twist off to the left which is counterclockwise to take the cover off go ahead twist also to the left to pull out the bulb the connector is locked into place so if you see this little lighter gray tab slide that down that unlocks it and
Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, Kia Sportage, Subaru Forester, Volkswagen Tiguan, Ford Escape, Chevrolet Equinox, Hyundai Tucson, Nissan Rogue, GMC Terrain, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, Mitsubishi Outlander, Honda CR-V
Consultant in the area of automotive lighting solutions. Previously working as a lighting sales manager for various light bulb brands, collected intensive expertise for effective vehicle lighting & signaling systems that are compliant with the UN regulatory requirements and standards in the United States and Canada.