These days, modern vehicles are equipped with two headlamps, one on each side, while both include a lens and a reflector system that produce an even beam pattern by reflecting the light from the bulb. Jeep Renegade is a choice of many adventure-loving individuals. Still, when you want to improve or replace its dimmed headlights, it is essential to make sure that you are making the Jeep Renegade headlight assembly upgrade in the right way.
When driving at night, you would certainly like to have better illumination; therefore, you will find several opportunities to customize the headlight assembly of your Jeep Renegade. You can choose between LED, HID, or even halogen headlight kit replacement, but it is essential that you can check the bulbs for every compartment of your vehicle.
Difference between Jeep Renegade bulb types
When you want your Jeep Renegade headlight assembly upgrade because of a cracked or burned-out headlight, then there is a good variety of bulb types that you can choose from. The different types of bulbs are halogen, LED, and HID, as the idea is to go for a bulb that can offer you brightness and the pattern you would prefer.
The halogen headlight bulb can give a good light beam and is installed by car manufacturers because it offers enough illumination and doesn’t use too much energy. The HID bulbs come with a hefty price tag but can give you three times more light than halogen. The LED headlights mimic the halogen light style and use less electricity than halogen and HID lamps. Usually, it costs more, but it is undoubtedly a worthwhile investment for many drivers because of the long-term benefits.
How do we replace the 2016 Jeep Renegade headlight assembly?
- Open the hood of your 2016 Jeep Renegade and then start with the passenger side by reaching the headlight housing and then pulling it off.
- Inside the headlight housing, you need to grab a plug and unlock it.
- Pull the headlight assembly out and try not to touch the bulb with your hands, as the oil from your hands can damage the bulb.
- Now you can install the new headlight assembly, but it is worth noting that you will find letters for the headlight assemblies that indicate whether these are to be placed on the left or the right side during installation.
- Once the new headlight assembly is installed, you can check the lights and ensure they are working correctly.
What is the cost of the 2017 Jeep Renegade headlight assembly replacement?
When we talk about Jeep Renegade headlight assembly upgrade, it is essential to know how much the entire process costs because the prices depend on the location. The average cost of headlight kit replacement is $125, whereas $30 is for the parts while the labor cost is $95. Although the process of replacing headlight assembly is not that complicated, if you have any doubts, it is better to go for a technician who knows the job so that your money doesn’t get wasted.
Whenever you drive at night, your headlight assemblies must be fully functional. If you have a failed headlight assembly for the Jeep Renegade, it is always better to immediately go for the Jeep Renegade headlight assembly upgrade. You can be sure that the new headlights will offer you a well-lit driving path when there is insufficient natural sunlight.