In order to have better night visibility, it is always recommended to replace your headlight assembly. If your headlights are becoming dimmer or start to lose their shine, then this is a clear sign that you to replace the headlights.
Jeep Patriot is a popular compact SUV that began production in 2006 and ran until 2017. For the majority of the models, its headlights remained unchanged and featured the halogen headlights.
When you want the Jeep Patriot headlight assembly upgrade, it is crucial that you go for the top-quality headlight assembly, whether it is the halogen, Xenon, or LED ones. The plastic that we see in the headlight assemblies is specially formulated for impact resistance, durability, and clarity.
How do we choose the correct bulb size?
You can determine the correct bulb size for your Jeep Patriot by searching online and entering the model and year of manufacture. Another way is to call the manufacturer of your vehicle or the dealer, but it is necessary to provide the Vehicle Identification Number.
The vehicle manufacturer generally indicates the size of the bulb in the headlight assembly before you install it in the vehicle. You can replace the headlight kit by taking out the old one and installing the new one. The best way to identify the right size of the bulb is to go to the vehicle’s manual where you will find the size of the bulb that you need.
Replacing the headlight assembly of the 2016 Jeep Patriot
- For the Jeep Patriot headlight kit replacement, the first thing you have to do is pop the hood to access it.
- The next step is to release the safety catch. When it is pushed over, the hood can be opened all the way.
- With the help of the hood prop, you can raise up the hood and remove the old bulb by turning it counterclockwise.
- Next, you will find the old seal that needs to be removed, and then you can pull back the red latch to remove the bulb from the housing.
- In the last step, you can install the new headlight assembly and test it so that you can be sure that all the steps were followed in the proper manner.
How to aim and align the headlight assembly of your 2016 Jeep Patriot?
- Begin by opening the hood and then locating the screws for the horizontal and vertical adjustment of the 2016 Jeep Patriot headlight assembly.
- In order to hide the projector, using the cloth can be a good idea.
- Use a screw to make the horizontal adjustment, while the beam’s intense part should be to the right of the vertical line.
- For the vertical adjustment, you can again use the screw to position the upper end of the beam at the horizontal marking level.
- When you are finished, verify that you have a logical headlight assembly setting of the 2016 Jeep Patriot.
If you are experiencing the Jeep Patriot lighting being too low or too high, then you can be sure that you need a Jeep Patriot headlight assembly upgrade. Although the process may appear relatively straightforward, it can get a little technical. Therefore, if you cannot do it by yourself, it is a good idea to get help from a professional to replace the headlight assembly of your Jeep Patriot.