Do you know what the mission statement of Jeep is? To be free in every true sense of the adventure. From the day of the launch, the company has been focused on this mission statement, and we can see this idea coming to life in their vehicles.
Whenever Jeep comes to mind, only one kind of car image pops up. A solid and super fuel-efficient SUV that is perfect for all kinds of adventures, no matter the terrain condition.
Considering this adventurous nature and build of the Jeep Compass, here is a Jeep compass headlight assembly replacement guide that will help you keep the vehicle headlights in top condition yourself.
- If we look at the Jeep Compass models running in the US, we are talking about the post-facelift generation in particular.
- From 2011 to 2017, the headlight replacement procedure is almost the same. From mid-2017, the new and improved facelift models were introduced, which has more digitalized working dynamics.
- For the post-facelift models, you don’t need any equipment at all. But having a small flathead screw can be handy.
- The first bulb we will focus on will be the low-beam bulb. In the case of the Jeep Compass, the low-beam bulb is located right around the center of the headlight casing. Unlike with other SUVs, you don’t need to exert much force to remove the clips to access the bulb.
- Once you see the electric connector, you will notice that the bulb is held tight with the help of a pair of clippers. Once the clippers are taken off, moving the tool ¼ counterclockwise is all you need to remove the bulb straight out.
- Let’s move to the high-beam bulb. The Jeep Compass has some similarities with other popular SUV models in the high beam bulb position. The high-beam bulb is located at the inner edge of the headlight casing, right next to the respective turn signal.
- To reach the high-beam bulb, you need to use the same approach for the low-beam bulb. This time, gently pry the clips as the whole high-beam bulb is held in its place with the help of a few clips.
- There are some special precautions you need to take when dealing with high-beam bulb replacement. For example, you need to disconnect the power plug before retaining the clips. In this way, the electrical pathway of the bulb will not get disturbed at all, even in case of a malfunction.
- In the end, the only bulbs left to work with are the indicator bulbs. The indicator bulbs are present on both sides of the headlight main panel. To replace them successfully, you need the same ¼ counterclockwise turn to get them straight out.
- One crucial thing more, make sure that the replacement bulb or the headlight panel is always evident. To do so, avoid using dirty hands to hold the bulb or the panel parts. If your hands are dirty, try using high-quality alcohol wipes to clean them off.
We hope you find our Jeep compass headlight assembly replacement guide useful in explaining the easy way to remove and replace the car headlight setup.
According to car experts, such kind of skill can be handy. You never know when you might need to replace bulbs in your car headlights, especially when there is no car electrician and mechanic around for miles and you don’t have experience dealing with headlights as well