Powerful headlights not only illuminate your surroundings but also ensure safety against accidents. In most countries, faulty headlines can even cause you problems with the law.
Hyundai Elantra is among the favorite vehicles introduced in 1990 and has proven to be a fantastic and comfortable car. You will need a Hyundai Elantra headlight assembly upgrade to make the surroundings and your own car visible in the dark periods of time, as well as snowy and foggy weather.
Instructions on replacing 2016 Hyundai Elantra headlight assembly
- The gear shifter of your 2016 Hyundai Elantra has to be in the ‘Park’ position. Now you can pull the hood, find the release for it under the dashboard, and open it.
- Remove the bolts of the headlight assembly that are 10 mm or 12 mm.
- In the next step, you need to unplug the wires and pull the electrical plug away from the headlight assembly.
- You can now safely remove the headlight assembly, but it is crucial for you to be careful not to damage the bumper during this step.
- You can install the new headlight assembly in reverse order and then tighten the headlight bolts.
What should you keep in mind when replacing the headlights of the Hyundai Elantra?
- If you find the headlight bulb not having a visible filament, then you need to test whether there is any power in the bulb or not.
- The lamps and the sealed beams need to be replaced in pairs so that you can have an equal illumination level on both sides of the vehicle.
- Many headlights have plastic lenses that tend to degrade over time. Therefore, if you find any problems with the bulbs, you can go for the headlight kit replacement to restore the lighting system, just like a new vehicle.
- It is essential to have the fuses, bulb sockets, and all other components of the headlight assembly of your Hyundai Elantra to be functioning in a proper and reliable manner, and all these aspects should be considered appropriately by the technician.
What is the cost of replacing the headlight assembly of the 2016 Hyundai Elantra?
If you want to replace the headlight bulb of your 2016 Hyundai Elantra, then you will find its average cost to be around $60 to $68, while the estate of the labor cost is between $28 and $34. According to the aftermarket parts retailers, the average cost of the Hyundai Elantra headlight assembly is $350, whereas the cost of replacing it is $110.
The projector headlights of your Hyundai Elantra can enhance your vehicle’s appearance and improve nighttime driving vision. If you want Hyundai Elantra headlight assembly upgrade, you have the option of going either with the halogen, LED, or HID bulbs. You will find the lights to be plugged in and play with easy installation, and this way, you will be able to get rid of the old oxidized OEM headlights that clearly show the age of your vehicle.