Replacing your Ford Fusion’s parking light, headlight, or turning signal can be time-consuming. Especially if you need to find the right replacement size. Replacement options for your headlamp bulb include: Xenon Headlamp kit, High-Intensity Discharge Headlight Kit, and LED Headlights. Those for your interior lighting bulbs include SMD bulbs and LED bulbs.
However, the process has been made easy for you. This is possible due to cataloged Ford Fusion OEM light bulb size guides, light bulb replacement guides, and headlight bulb replacement guides. We provide details on how to change broken lightbulbs, replace headlight bulbs, as well as light bulbs. Installation processes for LED light bulbs and HID headlight conversion kits are also included.
Feel free to check them out. However, use the guides for informational purposes only and at your own risk. There are usually no warranties provided. Always confirm that your bulb size, voltage, and wattage are all correct.
Ford Fusion Headlight Bulb Size Chart
If you need to install LED lighting bulbs in place of your incandescent/stock halogen lamps, the Ford Fusion bulb size guide is a great tool to have by your side. Use it only for reference purposes. Confirm from your owner’s manual that you have the correct bulb sizes.
Aftermarket Light Bulbs: Upgrade Options
High-quality lights are built to withstand the harshest weather conditions as they enhance safe driving. Individualize your Ford Fusion with some flashy custom tail lights, an additional stylish brake light, or some extra bright headlights.
HIDs are a good option for your Fusion’s projector housing. They come with different color temperatures and degrees of brightness. The physical metal cutoff within the Fusion projectors allows them to sit pretty well. The only problem is that you might be required to drill your headlight rubber cover and install ballasts to the engine bay for wiring purposes.
Installation & Diagrams
The procedure below shows how to change a burnt headlight bulb from the driver’s side. The process is the same from the passenger’s side.
- Pry-Up Center of Fastener
- Pry-Up Other Fasteners
- Remove With Pliers
- Open the hood and move to the side with the burnt headlight bulb.
- Find the pop rivet fasteners securing the plastic radiator cover trim panel to the front of the engine bay and the front bumper fascia.
- Use a screwdriver to lift the center of each pop rivet. Pry out the base of the fastener.
- Remove all eight pop rivets located at the front edge of the radiator cover. Alternatively, you could remove just four pop rivets.
- Pull Off Radiator Cover
- 9 Pop Rivets Removed
- Pry-Up Bumper Cover Fastener
- Remove the radiator cover and set it aside.
- Pry out the pop rivet fastener on the bumper cover fascia.
- Pull Out With Pliers
- 10 Fasteners Removed
- Remove T30 Bolt
- Remove the base of the fastener using a flathead screwdriver or needle nose pliers.
- Use a Torx T-30 star bit screwdriver to turn the bolt above the headlight assembly anticlockwise and remove it.
- Outer Bolt Removed
- Remove T25 Bolt
- T30 & T25 Bolts Removed
- Use a Torx-T25 screwdriver to turn the bolt on the left of the headlight’s housing anticlockwise and remove it.
- Turn Steering Wheel
- Wheel Well Liner
- Loosen Counter-clockwise
- Turn the steering wheel in the direction opposite to the burnt out headlight bulb for more working space in the wheel well.
- Loosen the thumbscrews located at the front of the wheel well liner.
- Thumb Screw Fastener
- Remove 2nd Fastener
- Remove 3rd Fastener
- Remove the fasteners and set them aside.
- 13 Fasteners & 2 Bolts
- Under Corner of Bumper
- Loosen Thumb Screws
• Move to the black plastic fasteners located under the bumper cover.
• Remove the thumb screws. Then pull out the fasteners.
Remove 2nd Thumb Screw.
Loosen 7mm Screw
• Loosen and remove the front edge screw using a ¼ drive ratcheting wrench and a 7mm socket.
15 Fasteners, 1 Screw, 2 Bolts
Pull Back Wheel Well Liner
Release Liner From Bumper
• Pull the wheel well out to set it apart from the bumper cover.
Torx T-25 Bumper Screws
3rd Bumper Cover Upper Screw
• Remove the three screws located at the fascia bumper cover using a torx T-25.
All Screws & Fasteners
Separate Side Bumper
Gently Pull Forward
• Pull away the fascia bumper cover edge gently from the front quarter panel.
• Pull the front bumper cover away to separate it from the headlight assembly.
Bumper Cover Loosened
Pull-Forward A Few Inches
Pull Off Headlight Housing
• Loosen the friction fastener clips at the front bumper cover.
• Remove the headlight housing firmly to free it from the peg or spike acting as a friction fastener.
Metal Peg Disengaged
Slide Off Power Plug
• Turn the headlight housing over to access the electric connector.
• Release the tab by pressing in then slide the electrical connector out.
Turn Over Assembly
High Beam – Low Beam
Rubber Dust Cover
• Locate the Low Beam Headlight Bulb at the middle of the assembly.
Pull Off Dust Cap
1/4 Turn Counter-clockwise
Pull Out Old Bulb
• Remove the rubber dust cover.
• Turn the base of the old low beam bulb anticlockwise and remove it.
Press Release Tab
Old Bulb Disconnected
Empty Bulb Socket
• Release the electric connector and remove the plug from the base of the low beam bulb.
Push On Power Plug
Insert New H11 Bulb
1/4 Turn Clockwise – Lock
• Avoid touching the glassy area of the new halogen bulb with bare hands or a dirty object. Wipe it clean using a paper towel dampened with rubbing alcohol.
• Install the power plug onto the base of the new low beam bulb.
• Insert the #H11 low beam bulb and secure it in place.
Push On Round Rubber Cover
High Beam Inner Corner
Pull Off Rubber Cover
• Put the rubber dust cap over the new low beam bulb.
• Remove the round rubber dust cap from the back of the housing.
High Beam Light Bulb
Pull Off Power Plug
Release Arm From Hook
• Remove the electric connector from the bottom of the old high beam bulb.
• Push the metal retaining arm in from its end to release it.
Swing Open Retaining Arm
Pull Out Old High Beam
Old Philips H7 Bulb
• Open the retaining arm to remove the old high beam bulb.
Empty Bulb Housing
Insert New # H7 Bulb
Secure Retaining Arm
• Don’t touch the glass part of the high beam halogen bulb with anything greasy or bare hands. Wipe off any dirt using a paper towel dipped in rubbing alcohol.
• Install the #H7 high beam bulb and ensure the retaining arm is hooked.
Push On Power Plug
Replace Rubber Cover
Turn Signal Bulb Socket
• Install the power plug onto the new H7 high beam bulb base.
• Put the rubber dust cap over the new bulb.
• Move over to the turn signal located at the outer edge.
1/4 Turn Counterclockwise
Remove Bulb Socket
Pull Out Retaining Clips
• Turn the signal bulb socket anticlockwise and remove it.
Pull Out Old Turn Signal Bulb
• Remove the retaining clips then remove the bulb.
• Install the new turn signal into the socket.
Re-Insert Bulb Socket
1/4 Turn Clockwise
Metal Peg / Spike
• Re-install the bulb socket and secure it in place.
Push On Power Plug
Test New Headlight Bulbs
Push On Headlight Assembly
• Push the power plug into its socket from behind the housing.
• Test the new light bulbs before re-attaching the bumper cover. Activate the hazard signal, turn on the headlights and flash the high beams.
• Aline the metal peg with its socket at the backside and firmly push the headlight casing into place.
Tighten T30 Outer Screw
Tighten Inner T25 Screw
Headlight Assembly Flush
• Re-insert the large metal screw to the housing’s outer edge and tighten it using the Torx T30 star bit screwdriver.
• Use the Torx T-25 screwdriver to replace and tighten the smaller screw near the inner corner of the housing.
• Make sure everything sits flush.
Line Up With Quarter Panel
Re-Attach Fascia Cover
Upper Bumper Cover Screws
• Align the bumper cover to the outer edge and re-attach it.
• Tighten the three screws using Torx T25 screwdriver.
Replace 7mm Screw
Tighten Thumb Screws
• Tighten the 7mm screw under the bumper cover.
• Re-insert the black plastic fasteners under the bumper cover.
• Tighten the thumb screws.
Two Fasteners Replaced
Wheel Well Liner Fasteners
Re-Insert Thumb Screw
• Replace the three black plastic fasteners on the wheel well liner.
• Secure the thumb screws till they sit snug.
Tighten Thumb Screws
3 Wheel Well Liner Fasteners
Line Up Radiator Trim Cover
• Lower the radiator cover trim panel into place.
Re-Insert Pop Rivet
Push In the Center Piece
• Re-insert and push the pop rivet close to the inner corner to fasten the bumper cover.
Re-Insert Other Pop Rivets
Push Down Center Part
Radiator Cover Fasteners
• Do the same for the radiator cover.
Last Pop Rivet
Radiator Cover Replaced
Testing Headlight Bulbs
• Re-check to confirm that all the metal screws, metal bolts, and pop rivet fasteners are replaced.
• Carry out another test to ensure that everything works.
Consultant in the area of automotive lighting solutions. Previously working as a lighting sales manager for various light bulb brands, collected intensive expertise for effective vehicle lighting & signaling systems that are compliant with the UN regulatory requirements and standards in the United States and Canada.