Finding legit information about Dodge RAM 2500 is not easy because there are few sources. If you are looking for a guide that can help you replace the old broken headlight housing of your ram 2500 without much hassle as a DIY project, you are at the right place. The Dodge RAM 2500 headlight assembly upgrade guide will take you through all the intricacies involved in the process of replacement.
Accidents can happen anytime, and without a good headlight, the chances of them happening increase exponentially, so you should always take care of them. If there is a need, you should replace them immediately. Paying hefty sums to mechanics for something so trivial is not wise. You can easily replace the bulbs or headlight assembly by following this guide.
Ram 2500 or Dodge Ram 2500?
Chrysler group revamped the Dodge brand in 2009. All the minivans and cars were moved under the banner of dodge while all the trucks such as dodge ram 1500 and 2500 were named Ram Trucks. The bottom line is that Ram has been classified only for trucks.
The older models of the truck only had the option of halogen headlights, but the modern models come with 3 different options: Projector LED, Reflector LED, or Reflector Halogen.
The base trim level is obviously equipped with reflector halogens, and if you want to change the trim level only for the headlights, it will be very expensive. So replacing the factory headlight assembly with an OEM or aftermarket light is a lot better option.
Dodge Ram 2500 2018 Headlight Assembly Upgrade Guide
This guide is for the 2018 RAM 2500 headlight assembly kit replacement, but it can also be used for other models with minor differences. With some basic knowledge and tools, you will need around 20 minutes to perform this process.
Tools Required for the Dodge RAM 2500 Headlight Assembly Kit Replacement
- The new headlight Assembly
- Ratchet and extension
- 10mm Socket
- Trim remover
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
Step By Step Process for Dodge RAM 2500 Headlight Assembly Upgrade
- Pop the hood open.
- Removing the grill will take most of our effort. Start by removing the radiator cover by removing the plastic pop clips with the help of trim remover.
- Underneath the cover, there will be four 10mm screws. Remove them and carefully pull the grill off.
- Now move under the fender wall; you will find a small space there. Inside the space, there is a clip holding the headlight. Pull the lever and remove the clip. Next, remove the 2 bolts holding the headlight bracket in place before disconnecting the wires and unmounting the headlight.
- If you only want to replace the bulbs, open the plastic covers or dust protectors and replace the old ones with the newer ones.
- If you want to replace the complete housing you should remove bulbs from old housing and place them in the new assembly because new housing does not always come with new bulbs, and it mostly has dummies.
- After putting in the bulbs, connect the harnesses and place the new headlight in its original position.
- Put everything back in place before closing.
If you followed our instructions precisely, your Dodge will be ready to hit the road with bright and shiny headlights.