Driving at night always has more risk than in the daytime, but the risk increases exponentially if your vehicle’s headlights are dim or broken. Driving with broken headlights is not safe for yourself and other people on the road, so keep an eye on your headlight and replace them when required.
This guide will teach you how to DIY Dodge Caliber headlight assembly replacement to know your vehicle better. If you consult the owner’s manual, it’ll suggest you go to the dealer or mechanic, but you can perform this at home very quickly. Replacing the bulbs is very, but if you want to replace the whole headlight housing, you will have to be more careful as it requires some more work.
What type Of Headlights are Used By Dodge Caliber
Dodge Caliber is a robust and reliable car that has earned fans all over the United States. The Dodge Caliber comes with halogens as the factory default, and halogens are used with reflector lenses.
There are aftermarket options available like Xenon and LEDs, and you can choose them if you want the extra brightness and modern look.
Required Tools for Headlight Assembly Replacement
- These are the things you will need for a replacement
- 7mm, 10mm sockets, ratchet, and extension
- T25 Torx Bit
- New headlight assembly
- Flat blade screwdriver
Step by Step Instructions for 07-12 Dodge Caliber Headlight Assembly Replacement:
- Stop the car at even ground and pull the hand brake.
- Turn the ignition off and let the engine cool down.
- Use glasses and gloves for protection.
- Pop the hood open and prop it up.
- At the top of the grill, you will see a series of 6 T25 screws, go ahead and remove them.
- Move to the fender well and remove the 2 (7mm) bolts and a plastic clip. Pull the inner fender to reveal the 7mm bolt inside, connecting the bumper to the fender.
- Remove this bolt too, and do this on the other side as well.
- Get under the car and remove the two plastic clips and 3 (10mm) bolts securing the bottom side of the bumper.
- Once all the bolts and screws are removed, you can remove the bumper by pulling it out.
- Remove the bolts securing the headlight bracket and pull the headlight out.
- Disconnect all the connectors.
- Place the new headlight in the stock position and connect the harnesses.
- Reassemble everything in reverse order to complete the installation.
- The complete process will take around 30 minutes.
- The replacement will cost you $200-$700.
We hope that you can now replace the headlight assembly of your Dodge Caliber with this if the need arises. Do not become impatient when performing this task.
When you replace the headlight with an OEM, this guide will work perfectly for you, but if you are retrofitting HID or LED in halogen housing, the process will be different, and you will need help from a professional. But even in that case, only the installation process will be different before that everything will be the same as shown in the guide.