When driving at night, you would definitely want to have good visibility on the road, and you can get numerous options for a Chevrolet Trax headlight assembly upgrade. You can choose between halogen, Xenon, or LED headlights, but it all comes down to longevity, brightness, and price.
The headlight assembly size may vary for different years, which means that you need to go for the Chevrolet Trax headlight fitment by generation. It means that you will have different types of bulbs for each compartment of your favorite Chevrolet Trax.
What type of headlights are used in Chevrolet Trax?
When we talk about the Chevrolet headlight assembly, you will find 9005 for both the low and the high beam headlights. If you want to use them separately, you can choose 9005 for the high beams and H11 for the low beams.
You can indeed spend some more money on headlight kit replacement and go for the halogens or the LEDs. The LED bulb surely offers long life as well as bright light, and for that, you can use the H8. Therefore, buying a set of LED headlight assemblies can give the best value for your money.
How to replace the 2017 Chevrolet Trax headlight assembly?
- When you raise the hood of your 2017 Chevrolet Trax, you will have access to the halogen bulb and the sealed beam.
- You need to disconnect the headlight assembly and remove it by turning the headlamp retainer ring.
- After disconnecting the electrical sockets, you can take out the old headlight assembly and place the new one.
- After connecting the new headlight assembly, you can check it to make sure that all the process has been done without any mistakes.
How to align the headlights of the 2017 Chevrolet Trax?
After headlight assembly replacement, you can check the alignment of your 2017 Chevrolet Trax headlights. The following directions can be helpful in verifying whether your headlights are aligned or not.
- Prepare your vehicle by making sure that it is properly leveled and the tires are properly inflated.
- Park your 2017 Chevrolet Trax on a level surface by keeping the wall on its front and parking around 10 feet from it.
- It would be helpful if you also settled the suspension to ensure that the shocks are level.
- With the help of the tape, you are able to measure the fixed point on the headlights down the ground.
- Now turn the headlights on, but don’t go for the high beams or the fog lights.
- The centerline should be around 3.5 feet above the ground, and the vehicle must be backed up so that it can sit 25 feet from the wall.
When planning the Chevrolet Trax headlight assembly upgrade, you should keep in mind that this way, you are able to improve the style of your vehicle and see better when driving at night time. Therefore, it is crucial to check whether your headlights are in perfect working condition, as you would never want to face any issues during long-distance traveling.