Class, power, and performance. Three words describe the complete essence of the Chevrolet Suburban-1500. No wonder this car is the most used movie vehicle in Hollywood. To match its elegant look, the performance dynamics of the car are outstanding.
Considering that you are already thinking about taking your Chevrolet Suburban-1500 for a long drive, this Chevrolet Suburban-1500 headlight assembly replacement guide will help you a lot.
- Considering the overall build dynamics of this fantastic car, you need certain types of tools for headlight bulb replacement. These tools include a 7mm socket and a 10mm socket with a ¼ – inch drive rachet.
- You also might need a Torx-T25 star bit screwdriver. This screwdriver will remove the primary engine air box.
- The first bulb we will be working on is the low beam bulb. The low beam bulb is located at the very top of the headlight panel. You can also quite easily distinguish the low-beam bulb from the high-beam bulb by just looking at it from the outside.
- There’s no rocket science involved in removing the low-beam bulb. All you need to do is to rotate the low-beam bulb in a counterclockwise direction gently, and it will come right off gently. Also, avoid using some extensive force to do so since it may damage the bulb.
- Once the low-beam bulb is replaced successfully, the next bulb you need to focus on is the high-beam bulb located right in the opposite location of the low-beam bulb. In simple words, the high-beam bulb is located at the bottom end of the headlight assembly panel.
- To remove the high-beam bulb successfully, you might need assistance from the ¼ inch driver rachet. This is because the high-beam bulb has different placement dynamics than the standard bulbs. The placement dynamics of the high-beam bulb can vary from model to model.
- During the whole process of replacing the old burn-out bulbs with the new halogen bulbs or LED bulbs, it will be better if you don’t damage the bulb with dirt in particular. This can eventually diminish the bulb’s performance once the headlight panel is put back together.
- Also, you might need to focus on a particular pair of bulbs if you are already replacing the high and low beam bulbs. We are talking about the signal or indicator bulbs located at the opposite ends of the respective headlight panels.
- To successfully remove the signal bulbs of the headlight panel, you need to use a Torx T-25 star bit screwdriver. The screwdriver will be perfect for the particular screws holding the signal bulbs in place in the case of a Chevrolet Suburban-1500. Also, don’t put much force to pull the bulbs out.
We hope that our Chevrolet Suburban-1500 headlight assembly replacement guide will give you enough direction to work with the headlight assembly and parts replacement.
Considering that you already have a model of this car in possession, you know how cost-efficient it becomes if you know how to work on particular components of your car, especially if there’s no mechanic around for miles.
Headlights are automotive jewelry. Correct fitment coupled with the right choice of technology will turn your vehicle into a shining gem.
Official sources of fitment information – https://sylvania-automotive.com and https://www.automotivebulbfinder.com/philips/