Headlights are the essential parts of any vehicle, as they not only improve its look but also create a better and more secure driving experience. With the help of headlight assembly, you can see better at night and navigate through hazy weather, fog and rains.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a highly versatile vehicle that is designed for hauling cargo, whereas it can take equipment, passengers, and anything else that your personal or business needs require.
If you want to have your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 headlight assembly upgrade, you will be having a number of options to choose from. You have to look out for a few factors to buy the correct headlight assembly for your Silverado 1500, as this will give you a head start for making a good choice.
What types of Chevrolet Silverado 1500 headlights are there?
You will find numerous kinds of Silverado 1500 headlights and headlight assembly kits out there in the market, and the majority of these are halogen, Xenon, and LED. It is worth noting that the kind of headlight assembly that you will be choosing for your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has its own importance.
Although the halogen gives off light, it may not be as much bright as the Xenon or LED. When we talk about high-intensity light discharge, Xenon is the ideal choice, but it may not be as energy-efficient as LED. There is no doubt that the LED headlight assembly replacement kit is energy-efficient and reliable, and this makes it the best LED headlight choice for customers.
Replacing headlight assembly of Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The headlight bulb needs to be handled in a careful manner, and you need to touch it with gloves or a clean cloth. Oil from your fingers can stain the bulb, and this might make it fail prematurely.
- In the first step, you need to open the hood and remove the eight tabs of the panel with the help of the screwdriver.
- At the top of the headlight assembly, you need to remove the two 10mm bolts. When the bolts are removed, the headlight assembly can be wiggled out from the truck.
- The bulb socket needs to be twisted counterclockwise, and then you have to pull it out of the headlight assembly so that you can replace the bulb.
- In the end, you need to reconnect the electrical harness and then line up all the pegs on the side of your headlight assembly. Insert this assembly and then attach the 10mm bolts to finish the entire process.
How to adjust Chevrolet Silverado 1500 headlight assembly
- In the first step, you need to mark the garage door or the wall.
- You need to keep the front of your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 facing outside the garage door, while the truck’s hood needs to be popped to start the adjustment process.
- The headlights need to be aimed in such a way that the greatest illumination can hit 2 inches downwards from the horizontal line while it should be 2 inches right from the vertical lines.
- In the end, you need to test the headlights, but try to make sure that you adjust the headlights at night.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has been in the market for many years, and this is the main reason why you see a good variety of headlight assembly with varied specifics on the market.
As the happy Chevrolet Silverado 1500 owner, you will find many headlight assembly sellers from trusted sources and secondary markets. You must have the proper Chevrolet Silverado 1500 headlight assembly upgrade by a professional so that you can avoid any hassles in the future.