If you damage the headlight assembly, it can certainly be dangerous for you on the road. A failing or a damaged lens may result in limited visibility, especially at night, making driving unsafe. Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 has remained a popular pickup truck, and there were two generations marketed across the US.
Initially, the truck came with halogen lamps for both the headlights and the fog lights. When we talk about the Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 headlight assembly upgrade, it is one of the most straightforward jobs that you can perform. A headlight kit replacement has become easier to make any changes. The new technology offers more light and brightness and can be a great option to upgrade from the old halogen bulbs.
What kind of headlights does Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 use?
When it is about the 2002 to 2006 model years of Chevrolet Avalanche 1500, it used 9011 or 9005 bulbs for the high beam headlights, whereas 9006 bulbs were used for the low beam headlights. Its fog light utilized the 881 or the 881L bulb.
The new generation of Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 between 2007 and 2013 came with the 9005 bulbs for the high beams, whereas the H11 bulb was used for the low beams. For the fog lights of this generation, the 5202 bulbs were used.
How to replace the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 headlight assembly?
- To have a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 headlight assembly upgrade, you need to turn the wheels left or right.
- Open the hood and remove the bolts along the top of the grille.
- You will see 7mm screws and pushpins; you have to remove them all.
- After removing the wheel well lining, you must remove the 10mm bolts.
- Now you can gently take out the headlight assembly. Try not to scratch the bumper with the snaps.
- After disconnecting the wiring harness, you need to install the new headlight assembly in reverse order.
How to adjust the headlights of the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500?
When you have your 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 in position, you can turn on the dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark. You need to back the vehicle at a distance of around 7 to 10 meters. The following are the steps for the rest of the process.
- You need to open the bonnet and locate the screws for the horizontal and vertical headlight modification.
- Hide the projector on the other side with the help of the cloth when you are correcting.
- Make a horizontal correction with the help of the screws. It should have the intense beam component a little to the right of the vertical line.
- For vertical correction, you can try to position the upper end of the beam at the horizontal marking level on the wall.
- Check the headlight setting of your Chevrolet Avalanche when you are finished.
A broken headlight assembly is quite a common issue in Chevrolet Avalanche 1500. When the headlights fail, you need to replace them as quickly as possible, as driving with a broken light can cause serious issues. You can have a Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 headlight assembly upgrade with the one specially designed for your vehicle and install it with just a few steps. This will save you a lot of time and be a lot cheaper.