Headlights are an important part of a vehicle. Without them, you cannot drive at night or in low light conditions. And if you do, then you are putting yourself at risk. With broken headlights, you will not see the road clearly, which might cause an accident.
Breaking headlight assembly, burning bulbs, or the fading of the lens with time are all common occurrences. At such times there is no other option than to replace the old headlight with a new one. For this service, if you go to a professional, you will have to pay them a lot of money, but here is the good news: you can easily replace the headlight assembly kit and save your money.
This guide has everything you need to know about the Cadillac CTS headlight assembly upgrade.
Cadillac CTS Headlight History
The first generation of Cadillac CTS was manufactured in 2002 and introduced as a 2003 model. The car was equipped with halogen headlamps and optional high-intensity discharge headlamps. The specs remained the same for many upcoming years. The next update came in 2008, allowing you to replace the standard halogen headlights with xenon lamps.
Fast-forwarding to today, the signature of the Cadillac is a vertical LED light element that has evolved with the headlights. The new models come with projector halogen lamps and optional high-intensity light headlights.
Of course, there are many aftermarket headlights for low beam and a high beam that are better than stock lights. You can choose LEDs, HIDs, and Xenon headlights depending on your likes and dislikes.
Cost of Headlight Assembly Upgrade to Cadillac CTS
Replacing the headlight halogen bulbs will cost you around $30, whereas upgrading the headlight assembly of your Cadillac CTS will cost you around $150. If you go to a professional for this upgrade, you will get a bill of around $400.
Headlight Assembly Upgrade for Cadillac CTS
With the right tools and basic knowledge, replacing the headlight assemble kit will be easy. The guide is for 2008 to 2014 Cadillac CTS models, but it’s also applicable to other models with some changes.
Required Tools for the Headlight Assembly kit Replacement:
- New headlight assembly
- Needle-nose plier
- Flathead screwdriver
- Trim removal kit
- 7mm, 10mm sockets
- Ratchet and extensions
The Step by Step Process of Headlight Assembly Upgrade for 2008-2014 Cadillac CTS:
- Open the hood and remove the plastic cover on top of the grill by twisting the plastic pins. There will also be plastic clips holding the covers; use trim remover to pull them out.
- You will find two 10 mm bolts under the cover, remove them and move them under the vehicle. Remove all the clips holding the bumper in place.
- Remove the fog lamps connectors, air ducting pipe, and headlight washers. Next, remove the plastic clips from the fender well and under the lining; you will find a 10mm bolt. Remove it before pulling the bumper off.
- Take out the 10 mm bolts at all sides of the headlight bracket and unmount it after unplugging the connectors.
- Attach the connectors to the new headlight and put it back in place. Close everything off to complete the process.
There are mostly no new bulbs with the replacement headlight kit, so if you are using the OEM headlights for replacements, you can use the old bulbs.